Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yesterday I had the special honor of meeting an online quilting friend. We have been chatting for over 10 years!!! As I said on my FB page, that it's wonderful to have online friends, some of whom I consider great friends. The internet has brought so many people into my life and enriched it,  but there is just something special about the human touch... to actually see the face, the smile,to touch the hand and hear the voice of a person I care for, but have never met face to face. We chatted and chatted, while the time went WAY too fast!!! Funny how this meeting left me uplifted and yet, I'll miss her. My prayer is that we will get to see each-other again one day.

If you, Dear Reader, also have met online friends, leave me a comment about your experience... did you have the same reaction that I have had? I have met several of my online friends over the years, and have had pretty much the same thing happen. Someday, I may share why this particular meeting was really special.

The sun is out, but it was really chilly this morning... Trees are tuning color and the days are shorter!! BIG SIGH!!! Our garden plants have slowed their production. Sadly, a frosty night took the cucumber plants.... they were very productive until then. My guys love those little yellow balls of cucumber! Next year, we may plant more than a couple plants of those! The hubby and I will be bringing in the green tomatoes to ripen in some newspaper. One year, we had tomatoes into November doing that!

In our Bountiful Baskets basket last week, we got some of the red garnet sweet potatoes!! YUM!! Thinking I might roast those today and serve with our dinner. I have a whole chicken that I'll be putting into the crockpot this morning for dinner, too. Usually, I add garlic, salt&pepper, some broth to the crockpot with the chicken. Sometimes, I've added a lemon or orange as well,, they give such a nice citrusy flavor. For a more savory flavor, I add rosemary, thyme and some oregano. I have also tried bbq sauce!! Not sure what I will do today.. will have to see what is in the fridge.

Also, in the BB basket was an eggplant... I've never cooked/baked or use eggplant before...not sure I have ever tasted it either. My guys said they had, and didn't like it... so I gave it to a neighbor. If you, Dear Reader, have an eggplant recipe, please, share it with me in the comment section. I'm game for almost anything, and will try something at least once! LOL!! I'm thinking there may be more eggplants in the BBs coming up.

Off to do some cleaning up and put chicken in crockpot. Got to do some studying for first exams tomorrow. 

Until later, have a grand day!





No comments:

Post a Comment